Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breaking Down Walls

It’s amazing how God will work through others without them knowing. I just spent four days with a Muslim family who barely spoke English in a city in North Africa. This family took me in like I was their own. At times it was frustrating because of the language barrier but after the first day that barrier seemed to be crumbling. I learned how to make tagine, kouskous, North African pancakes from our host. I was surprised she let me come into her kitchen after seeing me try to cut an apple. She was so proud of me when I finally got the hang of folding the pancakes just right or when I made it home all by myself for the first time. We laughed, sat in silence and just smiled at times with each other. God used this family to comfort me when I needed the comfort. I still don’t understand Muslims, but I do know they are full of love, and it’s just waiting to be made pure by Him.

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment